Sunday, September 27, 2015

Turkey Festival

Hello everyone!
I don't have a ton to say, but I haven't posted in awhile so I figured I probably should share something!
This weekend was Eldon's Turkey Festival! I don't really know what to compare it to because it wasn't like Fowlers Parish picnic or a craft show. It was a mix of both. Lots of fair food and vendors selling lots of goodies! There was a parade and lots of people!


As well as a few turkeys walking around. And you know I had to get a picture with one.
I ran into a handful of the students in my preschool class at the festival. Seeing how excited they were to see me outside of school makes the long days worth it.
After a long day at the festival, I was sunburnt and tired!
Sunday was a pretty relaxing day as well. I watched some Netflix, then Alyssa and I went to Walmart and checked out the Osage Beach Outlet Mall for a little bit. I got some goodies to decorate my room with at Walmart! It turned out really good and my room feels a lot more homey now! I love it!



Nothing too exciting! School is still going pretty well. The kids are behaving better and learning more everyday. It amazes me how much they know! Eldons homecoming is this week so all of the Americorps member's will be a part of the float which is School of Rock themed. I'm sure there will be pictures to come!
Aubrey :)

4 comments:

  1. Your room looks great Aub! I love it when you post on your blog, makes me proud to read about your Americorp experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot believe you wear a fanny pack! You tease me about mine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so convenient and it holds a waterbottle! best amazon purchase ever

      Delete
  3. Love that crazy looking Turkey...his eyes are pretty googly -- love your room you are doing awesome away from home. We are doing pumpkin carving this weekend we will miss your smiling face. I will be sure to post lots of pics!

    ReplyDelete